Glosten’s subsidiary, Noise Control Engineering, LLC (NCE), specializes in noise and vibration measurement and control for marine applications, predicting and controlling underwater radiated noise, sonar self-noise, and habitability noise on ferries, research vessels, small high-speed craft, workboats, ice-breakers, combatants, naval surface ships, and offshore structures. NCE’s team of noise and vibration specialists are fully integrated into Glosten’s project teams to help design, develop, and engineer noise control solutions for radiated noise problems.
- Acoustic design support with development of mitigation strategies
- Detail design and construction support with factory acceptance testing
- Specification review and development
- Sea trials support and diagnostic testing
- Anthropogenic and ambient underwater noise assessments
- Long-range underwater sound propagation modeling and sound source verification for environmental impact assessments